13 Mar 9 More Reasons to Stop Smoking
I know that there has been a lot of literature, education, advertising and social browbeating over the past 10 years, informing us of the negative health impact of smoking. And thankfully every week I have several calls from smokers who have got the message; deciding that now is the right time to be a non-smoker.
Did you know that Tobacco smoke contains over 4,000 different chemicals? 43 of those are known carcinogens. (causing cancer in humans).
There are some stats that don’t get published. The following is a list of nasties found in cigarettes or cigarette smoke.
- Benzene (petrol additive). It is a known carcinogen associated with leukaemia.
- Formaldehyde (embalming fluid). Also a known carcinogen linked to respiratory, skin and gastrointestinal problems.
- Ammonia (toilet cleaner). It is used a flavouring and also frees nicotine from tobacco, turning it into a gas.
- Acetone (nail polish remover) Found in cigarette smoke.
- Tar. Once inhaled, smoke condenses and about 70% of the tar in the smoke is deposited in the smoker’s lungs.
- Nicotine: One of the most addictive substances known to man. This is the chemical that causes addiction.
- Carbon monoxide (CO) (found in car exhaust fumes). This gas which is fatal in large concentrations is created when the cigarette is lit.
- Arsenic: simply it is a deadly poison.
- Hydrogen Cyanide (gas chamber poison)
And when you become a non-smoker, the healing begins immediately.
* In 24 hours the lungs will begin the cleansing process.
* 8 hours after your last cigarette your Carbon Monoxide levels will return to normal.
* 3 days after your last cigarette your body would have expelled the last remnants of nicotine.
And with hypnotherapy you don’t have to experience withdrawal symptoms. You are moving towards good health and you can’t have withdrawals from something that you are moving towards.