28 Jul Freedom from Anxiety – The Spinning Wheel Technique
Imagine being free from Anxiety. It might only take a 3 minute exercise. Over half of my hypnotherapy clients are seeing me for anxiety relief. It seems as though the scourge of society today is anxiety/panic attacks. And yes depression or the symptoms of depression are there as well but I want to focus on the impact that anxiety has on people everyday. I have taught thousands of clients how to control and alleviate the symptoms of anxiety and panic attack and I’d like to share one technique with you now.
Anxiety is affecting more and more people every day but it doesn’t have to be that way. Anxiety is NOT a part of the conscious mind. It resides in the unconscious mind. The most common symptoms that someone experiencing anxiety or panic are:
- tightening of the chest muscles leading to shortness of breath and heart palpitations,
- Sweaty palms,
- A rolling or uncomfortable feeling in the stomach … sometimes nausea,
- Tightening of the neck and shoulder muscles leading to having a light head or tension headaches.
If you want to have control rather than being out of control, I’ll walk you through the steps.
- Close your eyes and allow yourself to focus on the anxious feeling. Where in your body is it located? Now focus on (or observe) where the feeling of fear or anxiety starts.
- Imagine that there is a wheel spinning in the location of that feeling. eg chest, stomach. The wheel could be metal, wood, plastic or whatever you imagine it to be. And see or be aware of how it moves, and how it spins.
- Increase that spinning feeling, getting faster and faster … now see that you have the ability to take it out of your body so that it is now spinning in front of you.
- Then count to 3 and flip it upside down so that it is spinning in a different direction, then change its colour to a calming colour (your choice), keep the spinning going faster and faster then imagine pulling this spinning wheel back into your body keeping the spinning going in this new direction.
- Now as if you were applying a handbrake, slow the spinning down to a leisurely pace … and notice that your breathing … and heart beat has slowed as well. And just before the wheel stops you can open your eyes.
As you bring your focus to your breathing … be aware of what you are now feeling.
If anxiety is an unwanted element of your day, you can put it into the past with effective Hypnotherapy. Give hypnosis a go. It might be one of better decisions. For more information on Stress and Anxiety check out the link below or contact me.