14 Jun Your Goals and Beyond -Standing in Your Truth
Is it time to stand in your truth? What drives you to your goals and beyond?
“Don’t die with the music still in you” ~ Wayne Dyer.
I love this quote. A client told me recently that this quote is her life mantra. It drives her towards her goals and beyond. When she listed her achievements, I felt honoured to be in the company of such a focused and warm spirited person. That conversation then inspired me to write this article.
Everyone has a talent, a passion, and a skillset. However, for many that talent is either suppressed, withheld or dismissed as a folly. When someone is suppressing their talent or desire to explore that passion, I have found in most cases they are living with a pattern of limiting beliefs. They either feel that they don’t deserve success, or they can hear a voice from their childhood telling them that they aren’t good enough. Some people express a fear of failure or a fear of embarrassment. Basically, they are lacking the confidence to step out into the arena to express their true talent. They are afraid to stand in their truth.
History is littered with tales of human success stories that defied the conventional wisdom of the day. Henry Ford has been (dubiously) quoted saying “If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” The Ford brand was never found on horses. Some of the human success stories were the true dreamers from humble beginnings, such as Walt Disney, Richard Branson, Oprah Winfrey and J.K. Rowling. J.K. Rowling was a single mum who couldn’t afford a typewriter. She had a story and was prepared to trust herself. The many tales of Harry Potter have been a testament to her determination and trusting herself as an author.
It doesn’t have to be about exploring a skill. There are many people whose progress in life is held back by being afraid to speak their mind with honesty. To walk a life of honesty is to be authentic, real, genuine and bona fide. Honesty allows us to live with openness, candour and to breathe reliability. It allows us to live a life without regret.
It doesn’t have to be about sports achievement or a creative endeavour, this is about having the ability to look within and to trust that you have a truth that won’t be sacrificed. I know of too many good people who’d hold their tongue or swallow their words, when in their heart of hearts they wanted to speak their truth without malice or bad intent. I know of people who have a passion that is wanting to burst forth, yet they have held it at bay, only to ponder years later, wondering “what could have been?”
When working with clients I will often give them homework for them to explore “Who am I?” It is one of the most challenging questions to answer. I encourage people to explore:
- What are your core values? What are the foundation values that you will never compromise? It could be honesty, trust, hard work, education.
- What are your secondary values? These are values that are important but under some circumstances you can be flexible.
- What are your dreams? If you had the moment when a genie was to grant you 5 wishes, what would those wishes be?
- What is stopping you from achieving those dreams? These are the limiting beliefs and obstacles that have to be removed or reframed in order for you to move ahead and successfully achieve your life purpose.
- Inspirational people: List 5 people living or dead, who you would love to sit down with, share a meal, have a heart to heart discussion. Why are these people significant? How would your life benefit and change from this chance meeting? Is there something about these people that can drive you to your goals and beyond?
- What will be your legacy? No-one from their death bed has uttered the words “oh I wish that I had watched more television”. So fast forward to the moment before your final breath. You have the chance to write your obituary. How would you like to be remembered?
If for one moment you could trust yourself to stand in your truth, what would you do? What would you say? How will you feel when you are standing at the top of your mountain? Hey look … there is another mountain! Hypnosis can lead you to many mountains. Hypnotherapy at Cameron Hypnotics could be the first step in your new journey.
Are you ready to break through your limiting beliefs? Brett at Cameron Hypnotics has created a 3 Session Resilience Hypnotherapy program for $450.
Cameron Hypnotics is at The Junction, 5 minutes from Newcastle CBD.
or like us on www.facebook.com/CameronHypnotics
M: 0403 335751